In this tutorial we are going to talk about how to place a bracket order in sharekhan trade tiger platform. Placing a bracket order is looks difficult but It’s so easy to place. All you have to need is correct understanding how bracket order works. So in this tutorial first I start with explaining what is bracket order & than I show you how to place a bracket order in trade tiger with an example. So let’s get started.
Bracket Order: It gives us the flexibility to place a buying or selling order along with our target and stop-loss order in under same order window. In simple words in one order window we are able to place a buy or sell order along with our target and stop-loss order. In bracket order we are actually placing a three order’s in one single order window. our first one is buying or selling order second one is our target order and our third one is stop-loss order. So now I show you how to place a bracket order in trade tiger.
Placing Bracket Order:
- After login in your trade tiger platform. Select the scrip in which you want to place a bracket order. After that right click on that scrip & hover your mouse on advance orders option. Now click one the either buy or sell bracket order. In this example I’m using buying bracket order.
- After clicking on the buy bracket order button a new window will pop-up. I this window we are going to place our order details. I’m trying to explain each part of this window in easy language.
- In this window first you have to do is enter your quantity of shares that you want to buy. After that enter your limit price in which you want to place a buying order. If you want to place a order at market price than enter 0 in price box.
If you don’t know what is Limit, Market price than you can read my article on how to place a Limit, Market, SL and SL-M order.
- If you want to place a limit order in above the current market price of that stock than enter your price in price box & also same price in trigger price box. For example the current market price of SBIN is 314. If I want to place a buying order above the that price let’s say 316 than I have to enter 316 in price box as well as trigger price box. Otherwise leave trigger price box at 0 If you don’t want to place a order above the current market price. So in this example I want to place my order at market price so I entered 0 in Price box & leave the trigger price box at it is.
- After that now select the product type It’s either be Investment or big trade. The difference b/w both is that big trade gives you more margin power as compare to investment product type. After that you have to choose the order validity there is two order validity optins available for Investment product type first one is GFD (Good for day). The second one is My GTC (Good Till Canceled). In big trade there is only GFD (Good for day) validity option available.
If you don’t know what is the meaning of GFD, My GTC & IOC than read my article on What is GFD, My GTD and IOC Order Validity Meaning In Sharekhan Trade Tiger.
- Now I have to enter your target price in book profit trigger price box. So I want to place my target price 10 points above my entry price. My entry price is 314 (Market price). So in that case my target price is 324. So whenever the price of SBIN reached at 324. Than my position is automatically got square off.
- After that you have to enter your stop-loss order price in stop-loss price box. I want to place my stop-loss order below the 4 points from my entry price (314). So I entered 310 in stop-loss price box. So If the stock start moving opposite direction & reached the 310 levels than my position is automatically got square off. So with this I’m not loose more than 4 points per stock.
- You can also give the range to your stop-loss order price by entering any value below to your stop-loss price in limit loss box. So for example if I enter 309 in Limit loss box. With this I gives the range (310-309) to my stop-loss order. So whenever the market price reached in between 310-309 range my stop-loss order got triggered. Now suppose if the stock suddenly reached from 311 to 308.50 than my stop-loss is not got triggered because the market price is not in my given stop-loss price range. This thing is little lengthy to explain. If you want to understand this thing correctly than I already wrote the dedicated article on this thing. So please read my this article by clicking on this link.
- Giving the price range to your order is not mandatory thing. But it’s definitely good to know & this thing also increase your understanding regarding market.
- After entering the stop-loss price. Now all you have to do is click on the place order button & your order got entered into the market. If your stock goes into your direction & hit the target price than your order is automatically got square off by the system or If the your stock hit the stop-loss price than its also automatically got square off by the system.
- This is the visual explanation of bracket order. Click on that in order to see this in full screen.
I know if you are doing this first time than it will take some time to understand the things correctly. When I’m new into the market the same thing is also happen with me. Experiment with bracket order with only 1 quantity of share. If you have any question regarding bracket order then leave your comment down below & I definitely gives you reply.
In my next tutorial I show you how to place a trailing stop-loss order in trade tiger.
So this is from me in this tutorial if you like this then don’t forgot to share this tutorial on any one social media network.